Submitting a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request
Requests should state that information is being sought under the Freedom of Information Act. Requests must be in writing and provide a brief, but specific description of the public records requested. Requests must be submitted by mail, e-mail, or in person to Mr. Nathan Schilling, Freedom of Information Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Lansing Elementary School District #158
Attention: Mr. Nathan Schilling, Freedom of Information Officer
18300 Greenbay Avenue
Lansing, IL 60438
In accordance with FOIA, those making a request will receive a response within five business days of the receipt of the request. An extension of time may be needed for reasons stated in 5 ILCS 140/3(e)(i-vii).
The following documents are available through links on the district web site which may be accessed without a FOIA request:
• Board Policy Manual
• Schedule of regular board meetings
• Agendas for each regular meeting
• Official open board meeting minutes
• Annual budget for the current year
• Current professional negotiations agreement with the Lansing Education Association
• Listing of all contracts over $25000
• District and Schools report cards