Only students who have legal residence within the boundaries of Lansing School District #158 may be enrolled. It is a criminal offense to enroll or attempt to enroll a non-resident student except as allowed by law.
Lansing School District #158 has contracted with National Investigations, Inc to conduct residency verifications when any of the following situations occur:
- The lease or rental agreement has been altered, has white-out marks and/or is missing signatures from the renter or lessor
- The affidavit is not complete and/or is not notarized
- Chronic student tardiness
- Mail has been returned
- Documents have been falsified
- Or other situations which call residency into question
All names and addresses presented as residency in District 158 will be checked against public databases by National Investigations, Inc.